Tuesday, October 9, 2007

And we're back...

Has it really been five days? Internet problems coupled with a lack of all things interesting has made Jonathan's blog a dull web page. I've bet I've lost 95% of my readership. I bet there is a way to tell if you can read Chinese. Ahh but who cares.

I hate being so dang attractive. I hate it. I remember with hopeless nostalgia the days when women gratefully ignored me like I managed Waffle House (speaking of Waffle House, you know what was stuck in my head the other day? That song "I love you, Waffle House hashbrowns, I love you I do." You can't hear it unless you go to a Waffle House and select it on the jukebox. I need therapy). I just went out to get some dumplings at a restaurant about a quarter mile from my university, and I'll be danged if every one of the 2,000,000,000 girls in between here and there didn't stare at me or giggle or make some sort of comment. No, Jonathan is not being conceited. It gets old, real old. That's why I hate going out on my own. Usually if I go somewhere with Haley or one of my students the ogling is not that bad (we heard a rumor that everyone at the University across the street thinks Haley and I are a couple from Australia. Where they got that? I have no idea). I never thought I would know what it's like to be famous, but by-golly I do. It's not that great, I'd rather live in grand obscurity.

"I'll see you in the morning if nothing happens."

p.s. Fall finally arrived yesterday. It's good to have cool weather, real good.

No comments: