Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Caught

I was eating lunch with two of my second year students when a first year student sat down and asked me "So, what are your girlfriends names?" Well, this confused my second year students, because at the first day of the year I told them that I didn't have a girlfriend in America.
"Well you see, when I told you I didn't have a girlfriend, I meant umm, some girl, ummm..."
"So you have a girlfriend in America?"
"Yes. Four actually."
"Four!"
"Yes. I'm quite popular in America."
"But you told us you only had one girlfriend your entire life?"
"I did? Ummm, yea I did. Ummm. Well girlfriend is a term that can mean a lot of different things."
"So what does it mean in America?"
"It's ummm, someone that you go on dates with, wait, ummm someone you take out to dinner and stuff."
"But you don't want to marry?"
"Exactly, don't want to marry, just go out on dates. I'm too young to get married."
"So when do you want to get married?"
"Ummm. When I'm thirty-four. That sounds like a good age. Thirty-four."
"So you have a girlfriend in America?"
"Yes, umm, four or five."
"You don't know for sure?"
"Yes, I might call a couple of them and find out just what is going on. Maybe three and a half. We'll say three and a half girlfriends. That is a good number. "
"I bet you miss them alot?"
"Sure do."

Today during class, and you might find this funny, I had a craving for Chinese food. I had a craving for American Chinese food. Chinese food is different than Chinese food. I'll write about this in-depth later. Hopefully I will have pictures.

"I'll see you in the morning if nothing happens."

No comments: