Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Future Girlfriends?

So I broke the news to my students. I now officially have "four or five girlfriends" back in the United States. I figured a gargantuan lie is just as bad as a small one (and more impressive). I'm currently taking applications for those four or five coveted spots. Resumes can be emailed to harrisonjd@lipscomb.edu. Please include an 8X10 glamour shot (my Chinese students want to see pictures. Lots and lots of pictures) , and something about how you will always love me or something like that. Applications are due by the end of this week. No late applications will be accepted (unless you are really, really attractive, or just really attractive, or just attractive, or you just send an email. Either way).

The Chinese will ask you one of three things: do you sing? do you play basketball? and do you dance? You have to be an expert at all three, because any denial of physical ability in these hobbies will only lead them to believe that you are modest. Take for example basketball. For the first week I was asked by everyone at the University if I played basketball. I said no, no I don't. This was taken as modesty, until I actually played a game and proved that I couldn't play. And now no one asks me that question anymore. Which makes me wonder why they didn't believe me in the first place. So modest. He is so very very modest.

I think the more time I spend here, the less I have to write about. Which is why this is the first blog post in three days and it's not very long. It will be ending here shortly. Have a good day.

"I'll see you in the morning if nothing happens."

1 comment:

Josh Claywell said...

Four or five girlfriends across the pond? Wow, I'm impressed man. I really am...