Friday, September 28, 2007

Blog post I made so I can tell friends "I did something today"

At 7:30 this morning I woke up to the sounds of someone screaming "Hey, can I come in?!" I went back to sleep. This little anecdote brings up an interesting point. The Chinese have no concept of "Sleeping-in"; they don't do it. I think they wake up at 6:30 in the morning, every morning. Even on Saturdays and Sundays. I think the same person came around at 10:00. Same results.

I'm going to grow a beard. For two reasons: one because I can't wait to have another physical feature that further sets me apart from the crowd and makes me stand out from everyone else on the street; two because shaving every day is killing my face.

I also am gaining weight. Today for breakfast I had four mooncakes and an oatmeal cream pie. Yesterday I ate a whole loaf of chocolate bread, on top of three square meals and half a liter of orange juice. I'm eating like it's nobody's business. At this rate I'll look like Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof when I get back. Tradition! Yada, yada, yada.

"I'll see you in the morning if nothing happens."

1 comment:

Tyler Pepper said...

Tevye: As Abraham said, "I am a stranger in a strange land..."
Mendel: Moses said that.
Tevye: Ah. Well, as King David said, "I am slow of speech, and slow of tongue."
Mendel: That was also Moses.
Tevye: For a man who was slow of tongue, he talked a lot.