Friday, September 7, 2007

"Poor Tom's a-cold"

It has rained at least six of the twelve days that we have been in Enshi. I can remember seeing the sun only once and if that were not enough, it has gotten cold. The coldness has it's own life, you can never escape no matter how many layers you put on. It goes straight to your joints. It also defies the laws of natue: I'm pretty sure it's about sixty-five degrees outside. One day I will see the sun again, one day.

It's also extremely lonely over here. I'm starting to consider Bob Dylan and Tom Waits as some of my closest friends. Sometimes we play scrabble with the Beatles on Wednesday nights. Ha. If only it weren't true.

You ever slept to get away from the world? I hope not. I guess its a form of alcoholism. Although the consequences are a lot more beneficial. I wouldn't advise it though, it starts to become an addictive behavior. You know, it gets to a point where you can't go 24 hours without sleeping just a little. That is when you know you need help. No tagline today. I'm not feeling it.

2 comments:

Abbie Graham said...

I hear you on the cold factor. It's been pretty cold since we've been here, and people keep telling us horror stories about the winter. Hope you get some good sunshine soon.

Maggie said...

I do have a friend who actually started using sleep to get away from the world, and it worked like any other addiction. And...BIIIIG Spider!