Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I discovered how to change itunes' standard language from Mandarin to English. Watch out. I've already spent $2. The last twenty-four hours has brought about a flood of good news, for one the crispy state of my laptop hard drive is now no longer crispy: it's %100 ok to charge your laptop using Chinese outlets. So the fact that my laptop can't find the hard drive is, one word, weird. It still doesn't work (thought it might when I figure out just how to reseat the hard drive), but still it's not my fault!

In addition (awkward middle school transition which I have come to hate but use allll the time), teaching today went well. It went beyond well, it was almost fun. I really got in a groove for a couple of minutes and felt like my students were actually learning something. And then they told me that they covered "giving directions" last year. It was their final. I still feel good.

Random fact. The people next door own--of all the random things to own in China-- a parrot. It speaks English. Well, I know of one word: hello. But its pronunciation is impeccable. Almost perfect. Whenver I'm feeling down, I just remember that my neighbors have a pet that speaks my language, and I feel a little better.

No kidding, this is one really awesome hello. I wonder if he reads Joyce.

Well once again: "I'll see you in the morning if nothing happens."

No comments: