Friday, September 21, 2007

Sports

I feel that I'm pretty much settled; because for the first time that I have been in China, I'm struggling to find something to write about. I went to a Chinese pool hall today. That pretty much describes that adventure. Chinese pool is the same as American pool, except the poolballs are smaller and the table is a lot faster (is that pool term? I don't know. But you don't have to hit the cue ball that hard for it to go shooting across the table). I, of course, prefer American pool, but Chinese pool is a nice alternative.
Basketball. Let me just say a word about basketball. The Chinese love basketball more than Americans. Well, they love to play it more than Americans. Everyone is always playing some basketball. The girls, the guys; short, tall; fat, skinny. Everyone plays basketball. I'm guessing Yao Ming is the perpetrator of this phenomena; because they love the NBA and they have never heard of the NCAA. And everyone plays like they've been watching the NBA too: no passing, no shooting; only dribble penetration and layups. It's rather funny that a foreign country would love something more than the people that created it.
I'm going to post a picture of my neighbors parrot:
Sorry about the bad quality, but I had to lean out of a windowsill to get this photo. Don't ask me why I took it; I guess I was bored. These blog posts will get more interesting. I promise.
"I'll see you in the morning if nothing happens."

No comments: