Friday, September 7, 2007

I did it. I broke down and bought Nessun Dorma on itunes. RIP Pavarotti. I'm not going to pretend like I was ever a fan.

At six every morning I am awakend by the sounds of the Chinese national anthem followed by Swan Lake. It's beginning to wear on me. The music is so loud that it even comes through a closed window. Don't get me wrong, I dig the Chinese national anthem, it makes you proud to be Chinese. However, if I had a choice, I would prefer it not wake me up two hours before my alarm.

There are speakers all over campus that play random songs at the most random moments. Swan lake is one of them; the rest are Chinese pop songs. It reminds me a lot like Lipscomb, where you can never get away from the canned, uplifting music. Even in the summer, when no one is on campus and there is no reason for music to be playing.

Last night Nate (one of five Americans in Enshi) was looking behind my air conditioning unit and discovered this:


Yes, there is a hole about half a foot in diameter in my apartment wall that leads directly to the outside stairwell. I saw the hole a from the outside a few days ago and wondered where it went. Now I know.



And while were on photo high. Some of the biggest moths in the world live in Enshi. This monster was trying to get into my apartment a few nights ago:
It's really not that clear, but that is a BIG moth. You have to take my word for it. I thought about letting him in so I would have someone to talk to.
"I'll see you in the morning if nothing happens."

No comments: