Saturday, September 22, 2007

A funny little anecdote

In on my classes a few days ago we played a game. I call it the lying game, and I'm sure that you have played it before. It goes a little something like this: everyone rights three facts about themselves but one is a lie. The person comes to the front of the class and tries to fool the class into thinking that the lie is the truth. If he or she does, they get a point. Pretty simple, eh? (you would think, but it takes about fourteen minutes of explaining and three examples before everyone gets it, I feel inept cuz I just can't explain this thing clear enough).

Any way, everything was going peachy until one girl writes these three things on the board:

1. I have two older sisters
2. I have never been to Wuhan
3. I have been sucked at the breast until age six.

And the class didn't laugh. Well they did but only a few snickers and not the riot I was expecting. And most of the snickers were from my reaction after reading the board. These definitely are not American schools. Maybe they talk about breastfeeding everyday? Maybe it's as popular as basketball. Who knows?

(It was #2 in case you were wondering)

"I'll see you in the morning if nothing happens."

1 comment:

Joe Crosby said...

Hey Johnny H. I've gotten really behind in reading your blog. This post is freakin' hilarious. I totally would have dropped to the ground in laughter. Kids say the best things, even if it's not funny to them. Hope you're doing well. Hang in there.