Sunday, September 16, 2007

Kentucky Football!

It finally happened. I never thought I would see it. There were times where I doubted it would ever occur. For the first time in my life the University of Kentucky has a ranked football team. Yes that's right ranked. That means better than other football teams. That means if you tune into the top 25 scoreboard you will see the score for their game, even if they are playing an unranked team. That means if they ever play on TV it will be the twenty-third ranked Wildcates versus some other team. That means that if an unranked team beats them (and this one blows my mind) it will be an upset.

I have waited for this moment for years. It's was on the (very) short list of things I've hoped to see or experience before I die. Which now include (but in no particular order):

1. Marriage
2. UK beats Tennessee in football

(So I said it was a very short list. Hey, I've already seen the President in person, been to the Kentucky Derby 3 times, ran a mile, and won a State Champion ribbon in banana bread. It's been a pretty fufilling life. Maybe I should add "Go to the superbowl" so people won't think I hold marriage as important as seeing UK beat Tennessee in football).

Oh yea, China.

It's been a pretty interesting couple of days. On Saturday night a Chinese friend of mine invited me to her family's apartment to cook me dinner. When we got there she put on an apron, went into the kitchen and didn't come out for ninety minutes. When she was finished we had a dinner of ten seperate dishes. I thought to myself--while she cleaned the kitchen and I finished watching Mission Impossible III on her big screen TV--"Hey, I maybe falling for this girl" (just kidding, mom). But it was a really good meal.

Yesterday, ten of my students took me on a trek through the city of Enshi. It was pretty sweet. Tha's all for now. No knew spider photos. Sorry.

"I'll see you in the morning if nothing happens."

No comments: